A picture of Liverpool


The first of the three buildings (known as the Three Graces) to be built was the Offices of the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board. It was completed in 1907 and is distinguished by its central domed roof feature. It also has copolas at its corners which reflect the central dome. Its overall design is symmetrical and internally an eight-sided hall reaches right up to the dome. There are mezzanine arched galleries on each of four floors. The building was designed by Sir Arnold Thomley with Briggs and Wolstenholme.

North     South     Centre     News     Music     Contact     Links     Home    

Liverpool Views

The Port of Liverpool Building, Georges Pierhead.
Previous page or back to the Georges PierHead page

Port of Liverpool building


ELATED PageKits © ELATED.com 2002.